La Mesa >Food & Dining > Claim Jumper
5500 Grossmont Center Dr. STE # 406, La Mesa, CA | Directions 9194232.778039 -117.011691
Monday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Tuesday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Wednesday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Thursday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Saturday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Neighborhoods: La Mesa
Allergy UNAWARENESS – I spoke to "Chris”, the manager of the 5500 Grossmont Center Dr. location, asking him if he could offer, my allergy ridden daughter, a menu with the outlined allergens when she went in for a birthday lunch she was to attend. Other chain restaurants offer this with no problem i.e. Marie calendars, Coco’s, Red Robin and even Denny's. He offered his assistance from the 8 hour class Claim jumper required him to take. Not acceptable! I told him that for a life-or-death allergy to eggs, nuts and fish, going on blind faith of his class was not an option. I feel Claim jumper is remiss in their responsibility to protect the anaphylactic patrons. For crying out loud, McDonalds offers the list! Claim Jumpers, a list such as this would only bring in more revenue. There ought to be a LAW! Shame on you!
Gold mining and dining unite at this kitschy all-American eatery. – In Short
Established in 1977, the Claim Jumper draws families, seniors and professionals with a mix of Old-West decor and a reliable menu of American classics. Logs, corrugated tin, rock and warm fireplaces embellish the unique ambience. Signature plates include hickory-smoked pork ribs, rotisserie chicken and barbecued beef tri-tip; the menu also offers tortilla chicken soup, potpies, wood-fired pizzas, and the popular six-layer Chocolate Motherlode Cake. The saloon features appetizers and the restaurant's own brews.
Good chicken fried steak – I'm going with 3 stars because (1) they have a good chicken fried steak, (2) while you wait for a table beepers are provided and you can visit the bar in back with the beeper in hand and (3) the decor is rustic.
The Claim Jumper staff needs some serious training. Mostly it is an attitude problem but it's spilling over into poor service. Claim Jumper management should remind them of these things:
(1) Greet me as I enter the restaurant: you need to smile and actually be pleased to see a paying customer.
(2) Grooming: wear clean wrinkle-free modest clothes.
(3) Wear your name badge, say your name clearly and honestly make me comfortable.
(4) "I'll be your server tonight." Smile. Let your face tell me you are happy to be an employee and offering me service.
(5) Be sure I have napkins, silverware and a menu.
(6) "Can I get you something to drink while you look over the menu?" Take the drink order and then get the drinks to the table QUICKLY.
(7) Help me with the ordering process, smile, repeat back the order and put the order into the kitchen immediately.
(8) Deliver the orders to the right person.
(9) Be alert and available.
(10) Don't draw hearts on the bill; smile when you present it.
(11) Tell me THANK YOU and mean it!
(12) Thank me for coming as I leave.
Good dinners & salad bar! – Really large portions, ex-large deserts! You will be given a beeper for your turn. We hung out at the bar....
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Claim Jumper on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.