Carlsbad >Auto Dealers > Toyota Carlsbad
“Call around and get the best price then call Toyota Carlsbad”
DO NOT GO HERE.
DO NOT GO HERE!! This place represents modern day thievery. I had them look at my Toyota Tacoma forerunner and this is what I got.
mass air flow replacement: $439.77
Rear axle leak $575.52
Valve cover gasket $767.47
To get right to the point, the mass air flow had nothing wrong with it except it was dirty. I bought a 6 dollar can of crc maf cleaner and fixed the problem in 5 minutes. The brakes had another 6000 miles left on them, while the salesman tried to tell me I urgently needed new brakes. The rear axle was not an emergency contrary to the salesman's advice. To finish, I took my business else where as I recommend others to do. Where do you ask? TNT auto repair on airport road. They have specialized in Toyota vehicles for over 20 years. My estimate from Toyota Carlsbad was around 2000 dollars, before I laughed at them...and walked out of TNT with a 900 dent for the SAME services. I have had not a single issue since taking my vehicle to them. If you want to spend more for mediocre services Toyota Carlsbad is the place for you. Otherwise, try other businesses.
Oh ya, who cares about the lounge? You like to be fed cookies and coffee while paying way too much for car services?
Rip off. They charge me $150 for a service which didn't get done. And then they claim paperwork was mixed up.
THANKS FOR LOSING MY CAR IN THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT.
Dear Toyota Carlsbad Service Department: THANKS FOR LOSING MY CAR AND LAUGHING IN MY FACE ABOUT IT!...literally, laughing in my face that they could not find my car or any record of it being there. REAL FUNNY...
1) you broke my hood-latch in an 'inspection'
2) you did make this right by fixing it for free
3) car was NOT written up in my name, i was given NO reference number or way to find my vehicle or status of repair
4) called 3 seperate times to check status, every time it was the same run around of 10-15 minutes to find the car and what the status was
5) on the THIRD call, i was informed that the car has been ready and has been waiting for me to pick it up. WHY DID I NOT RECEIVE A CALL LETTING ME KNOW THE CAR IS READY/WAITING?!
6) i am told that you will send a shuttle to pick me up so i could get my car; "they will pick you up between 8-9am..." --> 9am rolls around and no shuttle, no call. i call and they have no idea that i am supposed to be picked up...10:30 i am finally picked up.
7) service desk / cashier: "we have no record of your car being here". 15 minutes of trying to figure it out goes by and AL (service writer) comes out to help and LAUGHS IN MY FACE, going on about how funny it is they can't find my car. thanks for the help AL
8) finally car is located, written up under the name "TOYOTA" (not my name)
9) i was told the car would also be washed for being in the service department for FOUR days of inconvenience and hassle...THE CAR WAS DIRTIER THAN WHEN THEY TOOK IT. (DIRT, SOOT, ETC.) NOT TO MENTION, I GET IN SIDE AND IT SMELLS LIKE A DAMN MECHANIC SHOP.
10) thanks again Toyota Carlsbad. hope you weren't looking to earn a customer for life here...
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Toyota Carlsbad on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.